There is one more bonus country related post to come for Vegan MoFo, so stay tuned for this tomorrow!
My favourite dishes this month were:
- St Kitts and Nevis - Carribean rotis with curried potatoes and chickpeas
- Croatia - Asparagus Fritaja
- Indonesia - Oseng oseng tempeh
- Bosnia-Herzegovina - Zeljanica
- Monaco - Socca
- Cyprus - Domata sto Fourno
- Argentina - Corn filled empanadas and chimichurri baked tofu
- Grenada - Jerk tofu
- Madagascar - Mofo Sakay
- Oman - Koftas with tomato and zucchini sauce
- Italy - Stromboli and biscotti
The dish I was least happy with were Sri Lankan pan rolls as I had made them previously and my first effort was a lot tastier. We had been contemplating buying a small deep fryer for a while and finally caved in and bought one on the weekend. There were a few contenders as the first thing to cook yet we decided to break the fryer in with another batch of pan rolls. The spices and seasonings were spot on this time, and the deep fried pan rolls were perfectly crispy and evenly cooked. I have made a few adjustments to the ingredients in the recipe I posted earlier this month as well as the method to include my deep frying notes.
On the subject of deep fryers, if you already own one what type of oil(s) do you use and what are your favourite things to fry? For non owners of deep fryers, what would your first meal be if you purchased a deep fryer?